Your home is meant to be a place where you live, relax and enjoy life with family and friends. It is possible only if you have a safe, secure, and protected home. An unsafe home is sure to give you stressful days and sleepless nights as every now and then you are likely to be haunted by the idea of a potential burglary or break-in. Just look at some facts related to burglaries in the U.S.:
- Every 13.7 seconds, a burglary takes place in the U.S.
- Around two thirds of burglaries occur during the daytime.
- There is a 1 to 6 chance that a burglary can happen in your home.
- 80% of residential burglaries are executed using the victim’s front door.
- 50% of burglaries will leave no evidence of forced entry on your locks (using methods like lock picking, key bumping, unauthorized keys or other devices which leave no outward marks).
Given these shocking facts, you can’t wait to secure your home against any sort of theft or burglary. Now is the time to make sure your home offers you a safe haven rather than a place where you feel unsafe and threatened. Find a locksmith who is licensed and experienced.
What should I do to further secure my home?
Here are some tips coming from experts in the industry that you can follow to secure your home. Some of these are simple enough and can be done by yourself, others will require the assistance of your local locksmith.
- Lock the doors and windows before going to bed and going out :It is common for many people not to lock all the door and windows before going to bed or going out, particularly during the summer months when it is hot and you leave the windows open. Make sure to use window locks so that thieves can’t enter or exit through the windows. Keep all your keys somewhere hidden from the sight and where burglars can’t easily find.
- Contact your local locksmith :Your local locksmith can help you a lot in securing your home. If he’s been in business a long time, he is likely to be an expert in home security. Discuss with your local locksmith and install best quality locks in your home to give it the maximum protection. Your locksmith may also point out vulnerable points in your home and advise you accordingly. Mul-T-Lock cylinders high-security locks provided by your local locksmith are a perfect option towards safeguarding your home against any potential burglaries. These locks provide two independent locking mechanisms operated by a single specially designed Mul-T-Lock key. Your locks will be virtually impossible to pick and no longer vulnerable to the ill-famed bump key.
- Make your front door very secure :Make sure that your front door and back door have solid and strong locks and bolt locks. It is always advisable to have a glass peep hole in your front door so that you can see who is there before you open the door. Your local locksmith can help you install high security locks in your home. Lock your doors at all times, even when you are home.
- Keep valuables hidden from view :Many robberies are opportunistic. The criminal will look for easy access and easily pilfered, high reward items. The sight of valuables acts as an instant incentive to thieves and prompts them to target your home. Make sure that valuables, such as jewelry or other easily liquidated items, are locked away safely from any public view. Purchase a quality safe for your home in which you can store valuable goods and precious belongings so that they can be safe and secured. Again, your local locksmith may assist you in choosing the perfect safe for your home.
- Have security lights :Install security lights in the driveway and around your yard. They act as strong deterrents to thieves and discourage them before they actually break in to your home. Security lights are one way to suggest to potential thieves that your home isn’t easy picking.
By following the tips listed above, you can turn your home into a safe, secure, and peaceful retreat for you and your family. You can enjoy your life without apprehension. Convey to the burglars that you are alert all the time and don’t give them a chance to pounce upon your home. Your home, driveway, and yard should send the message that they are well protected and secured. With the help of your local locksmith, you can get the perfect security for your home.
Contact A-1 Locksmith Service of the Palm Beaches, Inc. to find a locksmith who is licensed with 23 years experience. Make your home a secure and protected place. Our company specializes in lock repairs, key duplication, in store safes, keys and more. We serve the greater West Palm Beach area and we’d love to consult with you on how to better secure your home.